[gdal-dev] OGRSpatialReference::autoIdentifyEPSG and the pcs.csv table

David Strip gdal at stripfamily.net
Thu Jun 27 13:11:06 PDT 2013

After an admittedly quick skim of the code base, it appears that the
pcs.csv file is used only to go from an EPSG to the parameters for a
spatial reference. If my reading is right, then it is not used to go
from a WKT to an EPSG. The autoIdentifyEPSG works for a few special
cases, but otherwise relies on the presence of an authority node for the
projection's EPSG. Is that correct? If so, that would explain my earlier
question about the WKT for Maryland State Plane not being recognized
even though it's in the pcs.csv file.

David