[gdal-dev] Build GDAL OGR with GEOS

MARION VIOLOT marion.violot at gmail.com
Tue May 7 03:02:55 PDT 2013

Hi again everyone.

Does someone could please detail me the steps to follow in order to build
GDAL-OGR with GEOS on Windows, with Visual Studio 2008 please? I found the
following link ;

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/MakeFileProjects

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnWindows

http://vterrain.org/Distrib/gdal.html

At the end, do I have to create a Make File Project or use a Visual Studio
solution? I already managed to build GDAL-OGR (using the command prompt)
and used it, but I don't know if it was the proper way. Plus, I need OGR to
be built with GEOS.

Besides, I don't know which version of GEOS I should use from this link :
http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ ?

To finish, how can I do to build them together? I already found the
following discussion but it doesn't really help me :

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2009-October/022241.html

I'm quite lost, so any help would be very appreciate. Thank you in advance.

Marion.