[gdal-dev] Building GDAL 1.9.2 for debugging

Hugo Benicio hbobenicio at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 05:21:45 PST 2013

I'm trying to compile GDAL 1.9.2 from source by myself using the DEBUG=1
build.

There is a flag on nmake.opt for VLD support:
MSVC_VLD_DIR="C:\Program Files\Visual Leak Detector"

although, if I try to use it, it give me strange error while building gdal.

Anyways, I'm building gdal like this:
nmake -f makefile.vc MSVC_VER=1500 DEBUG=1

which seems to run nicely. Then I do:
nmake -f makefile.vc MSVC_VER=1500 DEBUG=1 install

Ok, everything seems good. I get the "gdal19.dll", "gdal_i.lib" and
"gdal19.pdb"...
but, where do I get the include files to use in my project?
My build directory (GDAL_HOME =
"C:\Users\Hugo\Downloads\gdal-1.9.2\build-debug")
gives me only a "bin", "data" and "html" folders...
Did the build really succeed? How can I get the include directory to build
my project?

Thanks in advance,
Hugo Benício.