[gdal-dev] Generated KML incorrectly formated and image reflected in X axis

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Nov 18 11:36:05 PST 2013

Le lundi 18 novembre 2013 19:14:15, JSz a écrit :
> Good evening,
>
> I have generated an KMZ file using :
> gdal_translate.exe -of KMLSUPEROVERLAY EM_RESULTS.tiff EM_RESULTS.kmz -co
> FORMAT=JPEG
>
> Opening the KMZ on its own with GoogleEarth doesnt display anything, if I
> extract the tiles directly out the KML and extract to Desktop and drill
> down I can open the KML / images.  However the image when overlayed in GE
> seems to be reflected in the X axis.
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5089715/Capture.png>
>

> gdal_grid -a invdist:smoothing=0:radius1=0.0004:radius2=0.0004 -of GTiff
> -zField hcp_cond -ot Float64 -l data EMSCANNING.vrt EM_RESULTS.tiff

gdal_grid generates by default images with bottom-left corner as origin,
whereas the usual convention is top-left. So this is perhaps your issue. You
could try to do : "gdalwarp EM_RESULTS.tiff EM_RESULTS_warped.tiff" and
gdal_translate this intermediary file to KMLSUPEROVERLAY.

> <OGRVRTDataSource>
> <OGRVRTLayer name="data">
> <SrcDataSource>data.csv</SrcDataSource>
> <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
> <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
> <GeometryField separator=" " encoding="PointFromColumns" x="lon" y="lat"
> z="hcp_cond"/>
> </OGRVRTLayer>
> </OGRVRTDataSource>
>

> Any pointers or suggestions on resolving both the projection and KMZ
> structure?
>

> --

Geospatial professional services