[gdal-dev] GML / NAS code redundancy

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 13:24:14 PDT 2014

Hi Even,

there is another issue which I would like to solve.

The layers contain multiple geometries (MultiPoint and MultiPolygon),
the relevant tags are

<cities>
 <city>
  <geometry>
   <point></point>
   <polygon></polygon>
  </geometry>
 </city>
</cities>

In related GFS I have defined:

  <GMLFeatureClass>
    <Name>cities</Name>
    <ElementPath>cities|city</ElementPath>
    <SRSName>urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::5514</SRSName>
    <GeometryType>4</GeometryType>
    <GeometryElementPath>geometry|point</GeometryElementPath>
    <!-- OriginalniHranice -->
    <GeometryType>6</GeometryType>
    <GeometryElementPath>geometry|polygon</GeometryElementPath>
  </GMLFeatureClass>

Is there any way how to set names also for geometry tags? Similar to
properties, eg.

    <PropertyDefn>
      <Name>myname</Name>
      <ElementPath>tagname</ElementPath>
    </PropertyDefn>

I would like to name them without 'geometry|' part...

Another issue is related to SRS, it's geometry-oriented, ie. it's
reported twice in this case - separately for each geometry type. I
would prefer layer-based SRS in this case...

 SRS WKT (geometry|point):
PROJCS["S-JTSK / Krovak East North",
SRS WKT (geometry|polygon):
PROJCS["S-JTSK / Krovak East North",

Thanks for any pointers in advance, Martin

--
Martin Landa * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa