[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.11.0 Release Candidate 1 available for testing

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Apr 17 08:31:30 PDT 2014

> Ok, no need for it then. Do you want me to roll my changes back from the
> 1.11 branch or apply my patch to it?

You can apply your patch on 1.11 as well. It will be stacked for a potential new
RC, or a 1.11.1 release.

I'm still ambivalent about regnerating a new RC, just to incorporate the spatial
filter implementation. We'll see if someone raises critical issues.

Actually, issuing RC1 was more painful than I thought, since it is done on the
OSGeo "project" VM that suffers currently from slowness problems due to heavy
I/O load...

> Noo :( I was too tired and forgot. I only ran my own python test which
> doesn't try to unset the spatial filter. Will need to add that test later.
> Anyways just committed a fix for the crash and now test_ogrsf works mostly.
> A few errors, but nothing that causes a crash. They are mostly GME -related
> things, like the it doesn't support infinity and big numbers. So will add a
> check for that later.

Yes, that's OK. Some tests in test_ogrsf are pedantry.