[gdal-dev] Standard Dev. Environment?

Homme Zwaagstra hrz at geodata.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 13 01:36:01 PST 2014

Hello,

On 10/01/14 18:23, Jay L. wrote:
> Success.  Ivan, I used your  ./configure flags - stock was also not working on this VM.
 >
 > I wonder if the dev. community is large enough to warrant storing a
lightweight Vagrant box image somewhere.

Thinking along these lines, Docker has been getting a lot of traction lately
(http://www.docker.io) as a way to manage linux containers: I can see a
standard GDAL/OGR container with a broad selection of drivers being
useful in a
similar way to a Vagrant box image.

Container images can be hosted without cost to the community on the Docker
Index (https://index.docker.io).

See also <http://blog.docker.io/2013/11/introducing-trusted-builds/> as
a way
of automatically rebuilding a container image on the Docker Index every
time a
github commit is made.

Thanks,

Homme

<lucena_ivan at hotmail.com> wrote:

 >     I always build with:
 >
 >       --with-libz=internal \
 >       --with-png=internal \
 >       --with-libtiff=internal \
 >       --with-geotiff=internal \
 >       --with-jpeg=internal \
 >       --with-gif=internal \
 >
 >      If that helps...
 >
 >     > Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 17:33:52 +0100
 >     > From: even.rouault at mines-paris.org
 >     > To: jlaura at asu.edu
 >     > CC: gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
 >     > Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] Standard Dev. Environment?
 >
 >     >
 >     > Jay,
 >     >
 >     > hum it is well possible that the build with --without-jpeg
doesn't work and that
 >     > some drivers will try to use it. I haven't tried it for ages.
GDAL has an
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnUnixWithMinimizedDrivers>as
http://pobox.com/~warmerdam
 >     > > > > > and watch the world go round - Rush | Geospatial
Software Developer