[gdal-dev] WFS driver and filtering

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Jun 7 11:56:00 PDT 2014

Le samedi 07 juin 2014 20:46:51, Stefan Ziegler a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have a question regarding client/server sided filtering. According to the
> wfs driver website [1] the driver is able to forward spatial and attribute
> filter to the server. If this is not possible it will client-side only
> filtering. When does the driver "decide" wether it filters client or server
> sided? I assume it reads the GetCapabilites file, right?
>
> I do have a wfs server which understands ogc filtering (tested with simple
> GET requests in browser)  but the ogr wfs driver does only client sided
> filtering. Probably a broken GetCapabilities file...

Stefan,

Well, it should maybe, but generally it assumes that the standard operators
(>,>=,<,<=,==,NOT,AND,OR) are implement by the server.

The choice between client-side and server-side filtering is based on the
content of the attribute filter. Some stuff can be turned into OGC Filter
language, some not (for example if using special OGR field names).
It maybe also due to a limitation of the current implementation that turn the
SQL into OGC filter

What is your filter ?

--
Geospatial professional services