[gdal-dev] WFS driver and filtering

Stefan Ziegler stefan.ziegler.de at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 11:46:51 PDT 2014

Hi

I have a question regarding client/server sided filtering. According to the
wfs driver website [1] the driver is able to forward spatial and attribute
filter to the server. If this is not possible it will client-side only
filtering. When does the driver "decide" wether it filters client or server
sided? I assume it reads the GetCapabilites file, right?

I do have a wfs server which understands ogc filtering (tested with simple
GET requests in browser)  but the ogr wfs driver does only client sided
filtering. Probably a broken GetCapabilities file...

I'm using gdal/ogr 1.11.

[1]: http://www.gdal.org/drv_wfs.html

best regards
Stefan