[gdal-dev] VRTDataset in Java

Ivan Lucena lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 13:58:12 PDT 2014

Hi there,

What is the best option to create in memory VRT Dataset with the GDAL Java API?

I would like to do thing like gdal_translate does [0], band selection and window cropping for example.

It seems like the VRTDataset class is not wrapped in Java, so I would need to write the XML myself or use a regular GDAL Dataset clas, ex.:

Dataset ds = dal.getDriverByName("VRT").Create("/vsimem/xxx.vrt", 255, 255);

But there are some methods in VRTDataset that GDALDataset doesn't have, so I think I am going with the raw XML option.

Any better idea?

Best regards,

Ivan

ref. :