[gdal-dev] Fwd: Can not open bigtiff file using gdal1.10 API saved by photoshop cs6

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Mar 5 01:55:02 PST 2014

Le mercredi 05 mars 2014 06:44:58, ridgewang a écrit :
> thanks. I download the r26999 branch and it works good now.  And I am
> puzzled what does the stripsize means. the tiff file i create by gdal is
> tiled with blocksize 256x256, and the blocksize will be changed to
> imagewidthx1 if do some image editing and saved by photoshop.

Well perhaps photoshop just creates a new image while saving an edited
image...

> Does the
> stripsize means blockwidthxblockheight or blockwidthximageheight?

strip size is for stripped images (i.e. not blocked/tiled). So it is
image_width * strip_height * data_type_size.

> I wonder
> why the stripsize can exceed 2GB with blocksize imagewidthx1.

Well, the real stripsize produced by photoshop is really
imagewidth*imageheight (single strip that covers the whole image), but in the
GDAL data model, this would be impractical since that would mean the image
would be one single block and an attempt to read one pixel would cause it to
be fully read and cached, so GDAL artificially exposes "virtual" strips that
are one line high.

> --

Geospatial professional services