[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr v1.10.1 and AIXM (issues with curves?)

Jesse McGraw jlmcgraw at gmail.com
Fri May 16 11:18:22 PDT 2014

GDAL gurus,
 I'm trying to use the AIXM files from the FAA (downloadable here:
https://nfdc.faa.gov/webContent/56DaySub/2014-05-29/aixm5.0.zip ) in QGIS
and I'm noticing that there are some that with no warnings or complaints
just don't produce a polygon. (ogrinfo says "POLYGON EMPTY")

Two examples are "P-56B DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.xml" and "POINSETT MOA, SC.xml"

Is there some command line incantation that I'm missing?  Or perhaps this
is a feature of GML/AIXM that isn't supported?  I've read that there is
little or no GDAL support for curves/arcs though I'm unclear as to the
current status of that support.

Here's a snippet from the P-56B file:
<horizontalProjection>
 <Surface gml:id="Surface1" srsDimension="2"
srsName="URN:OGC:DEF:CRS:OGC:1.3:CRS84">
  <patches>
   <PolygonPatch>
    <exterior>
     <Ring>
      <curveMember>
       <Curve ns:id="Curve1">
        <segments>
         <CircleByCenterPoint numArc="1">
          <pointProperty>
           <Point ns:id="Point_1">
            <pos>-77.066944 38.921389</pos>
            </Point>
           </pointProperty>
          <radius uom="NM">0.4</radius>
         </CircleByCenterPoint>
        </segments>
       </Curve>
      </curveMember>
     </Ring>
    </exterior>
   </PolygonPatch>
  </patches>
 </Surface>
</horizontalProjection>

If I should be posting this somewhere else or filing a bug report/feature
request please let me know

Thanks!
-Jesse McGraw