[gdal-dev] Create PostGIS database using OGR/GDAL

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 00:45:03 PDT 2014

Thanks for your reply.

MapWinGIS is indeed a Windows-only project written in C++.
My test application is written in C#, so I can use npsql to connect to
PostGIS and send the 'Create database' statement.

But I'm mostly wondering why I can do everything with the PostGIS driver,
except create or drop a database.
Perhaps the driver needs a ExecuteNonQuery() function, like npsql does?

Paul

*Paul Meems *
Release manager, configuration manager
and forum moderator of MapWindow GIS.
www.mapwindow.org

Owner of MapWindow.nl - Support for
Dutch speaking users.
www.mapwindow.nl

*The English presentations of the MapWindow GIS Conference 2014 are online.
<http://www.slideshare.net/mapwindow>*