[gdal-dev] support for Czech Exchange Format for Land Consolidation

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 08:07:58 PDT 2015

Hi Even,

first of all, thanks for your notes.

I would like to start working on implementation within next weeks.

> Although I've always felt intimated by its syntax, I imagine you could write a
> XSLT document that would transform the above XML in GML. Easier solution is to

Right, there is even XSD available for this format [1].

> do it off-line (i.e. outside GDAL), otherwise if you want something transparent

Sure, but GDAL is preferable solution.

> to the user, we could have a generic XML driver that would try several XSLT
> documents and then feed the transformed document to the GML driver. I don't

Anybody here is interested to implement such driver or at least to
collaborate on such project?

> If you go with a from-the-scratch driver, I would not recommand to go from the
> GML one which has become very complicated. GeoRSS or GPX are probably better
> starting points.

Right, this also an option, generic driver would be better.

Martin

[1] http://spucr.cz/frontend/webroot/uploads/files/2015/02/vfp_2596.0596.xsd

--
Martin Landa