[gdal-dev] Regarding libkml driver

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Aug 2 12:05:10 PDT 2015

> No API changes. it make building and configuring libkml easier!
>
> Correct me If I am wrong, I guess with a pkg-config would be easier to find
> and configure libkml libs.

Yes, that would probably be better. That said my experience with GDAL configure
--with-libkml has been good up to now. But having a pkg-config script could
simplify the current detection and configuration logic.

Another action would be to change the documentation page of the libkml driver
and related Trac wiki pages to point to your fork.

By the way, did you try running the ogr_libkml.py tests from GDAL autotest
suite with your fork ?

What is the Windows status of the fork ? And with a Windows build of GDAL ?

To answer your initial question, yes, changes should go as a patch to a Trac
ticket.