[gdal-dev] Are those 2 things possible using gdal2tiles?

Homme Zwaagstra hrz at geodata.soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 01:07:29 PST 2015

Hello Jorge,

If I've got it right the attached VRT should apply the nodata values you
require
to katrina.tif, assuming you save it in the same directory.

I didn't use gdal2tiles but instead used this VRT with the ctb-tile utility
(which makes heavy use of GDAL -
https://github.com/homme/cesium-terrain-builder#ctb-tile) to generate
the JPEG
tiles.  Using the docker image you can call it as follows, assuming
katrina.tif
and katrina.vrt are in the current working directory:

mkdir katrina # for saving the tiles to
docker run -v $(pwd):/data homme/cesium-terrain-builder ctb-tile
--output-dir /data/katrina --output-format JPEG --profile mercator
/data/katrina.vrt

Best regards,

Homme

On 05/02/15 18:15, Jorge Arévalo wrote:
> - Generate JPEG tiles instead  of PNG. Tried just replacing the driver's name (PNG) with JPEG. Didn't
work. Base tiles are generated, but overview tiles are not. Getting this
error instead: ERROR 1: Buffer too small
 > - Apply a color to nodata value of generated tiles. Tried passing -a
"200,0,0" to gdal2tiles, but it was ignored.

 > Log file, with GDAL_DEBUG=On, where you can see the first problem
(buffer too small):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6599273/errors/gdal/gdal2tiles_error.log
 > Modified version of gdal2tiles, to generate xyz caches instead of tms
ones:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6599273/errors/gdal/gdal2tiles_modified.py
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6599273/gis_data/katrina.tif