[gdal-dev] Fwd: [SoC] Preparation of ideas pages for GSoC 2015 (deadline: 18th February!)

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Feb 18 01:50:29 PST 2015

Le mercredi 18 février 2015 09:34:51, Dmitriy Baryshnikov a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> the most of ideas (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SummerOfCode) are
> marked as moderate/hard.
>
> There are some simple task as:
> 1. Editing GeoJSON. By now there is a write support but it's something
> special as I cannot edit GeoJSON in QGIS.

That could be generallized to any datasource that has read-only and write-only
capabilities but no real editing capabilities (i.e doesn't support
SetFeature() and DeleteFeature()). Would likely be done though a coupling
between the memory datasource and the real driver.

> 2. WMS/TMS. There is no support for subdomains i.e.
> http://${a,b,c}.tile.openstreetmap.org/${z}/${x}/${y}.png. Also it'll be
> nice to have progress indication and support to cancel executing RasterIO.
> 3. Editing GPX - by now the driver support only write to new file and if
> one open points (trk_pnt) the output will be waypoints (wpt). The
> usecase is to get GPX from GPS tracker, fix the track and upload back to
> GPS tracker.
> 4. Cmaking the estimate drivers apps and etc.
> 5. Also addition to #5 in list - new VSI sources (7z, RAR, ssh/scp/sftp)
>
> What do you think, can this be the topic for GSoC?

Mosts sound like usefull additions but perhaps not be substantial enough taken
individually.