[gdal-dev] GDAL and C# bindings

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 03:08:59 PST 2015

I'm trying the C# bindings but keep running into problems.
I've made the sample project explained here:
http://vipassanaandenvironmentalinformatics.blogspot.nl/2013/03/getting-started-with-c-and-gdal.html

But when calling Gdal.AllRegister(); I get an exception saying it can't
find gdal_warp.dll.
I have C:\Program Files (x86)\GDAL in my PATH environmental value.
When I open a command line prompt I can run gdalinfo at any location,
meaning the PATH is correct.
gdal_wrap.dll is in C:\Program Files (x86)\GDAL. I've got the binaries from
gisinternals.com (GDAL 1.11.1, released 2014/09/24)

It looks like PInvoke can't find the dll. What do I need to set to get this
to work?

Thanks,

Paul

*Paul Meems *
Release manager, configuration manager
and forum moderator of MapWindow GIS.
www.mapwindow.org

Owner of MapWindow.nl - Support for
Dutch speaking users.
www.mapwindow.nl

*The English presentations of the MapWindow GIS Conference 2014 are online.
<http://www.slideshare.net/mapwindow>*