[gdal-dev] Empty .prj file with gdal_contour

nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Thu Nov 26 11:54:10 PST 2015

Hi,
On windows_64,
a) When I launch a .bat file with  gdal_contour from a dos prompt (from
C:\GDAL1p5GBBuffer\bin or from C:\OSGeo4W64\bin ), I get an *empty* .prj
file.

b) When I launch the same .bat file with  gdal_contour from the
OSGeo4W64 Shell, I get a *proper* .prj file. Why???

My Windows system variable include  "GDAL_DATA =
C:\OSGeo4W64\share\gdal".  This works as gdal_warp and gdal_edit in the
same .bat file find the EPSG code but not gdal_contour.

Am I missing a system variable for OGR?

Thanks
Nicolas

P.S: C:\GDAL1p5GBBuffer\bin is where I have my own compiled version of
gdal with a few modifications.  C:\OSGeo4W64\bin is out of the box.