[gdal-dev] GDAL2 and libgdal.so.1

Sergio Segala sergio.segala.list at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 14:32:51 PST 2015

Hi,

i've compiled GDAL 2 (2.0.1) for my CentOS7 environment. On the same
machine I try to install postgis2 (2.1) from the official PostgreSQL
repository (pgdg), but the yum package system said that I need the
libgdal.so.1 library which is not present on the system.
So I'd a look to the /usr/lib64/ and the files I have there are:
libgdal.so and libgdal.so.20 which are symlink to libgdal.so.20.0.1 and
of course the bynary file libgdal.so.20.0.1, but there is not the
libgdal.so.1 file or link. The same situation is on some Fedora RPM I
downloaded for test pourpose.

So the question is: Is possible to install the RPM of PostGIS2 with the
building of GDAL2 (I mean without recompiling PostGIS2 package)?
If yes, the right way to do that and also to have a stable system is to
create a symlink named libgdal.so.1 to libgdal.so.20.0.1?
If no, is there a way to have GDAL 1.11 and GDAL2 on the same system?

Thanks,
Sergio