[gdal-dev] decoding consistency between JPEG2000 drivers

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Oct 9 11:56:22 PDT 2015

Le vendredi 09 octobre 2015 20:26:34, Pierre Soille a écrit :
> Dear GDLALers,
>
> recently we tested the following 3 JPEG2000 drivers: JP2ECW, JPEG2000,
> and JP2OpenJPEG.  A jp2 file was opened by all three drivers and we
> tested whether the decoded image were equal. To our suprise they are
> not: theJPEG2000 and JP2OpenJPEG lead to the same decoded image but they
> differ from the one obtained with JP2ECW.  Is this a bug in the
> implementation of the JP2ECW driver or is there any rationale explanation?

Pierre,

I don't think the differences come from the GDAL drivers, but rather from
differences/bugs/features of the underlying libraries. Regarding JP2ECW, I
recall to have observed differences depending if you read component per
component or all components together. The version of the JP2 ECW SDK might
also have some influence.

Even