[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.0.2 doesn't compile with Kakadu 7.7.1

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Feb 12 01:03:16 PST 2016

Andre,

> The preferred way to include all the
> Kakadu API's is to link against
>  >both libkdu_v77R.o and libkdu_a77R.o, where the latter is built by the
> "managed" makefiles.
>  >Anyway, it may be that all you have to do is add
> "avx2_region_deocmpressor.o" (and possibly
>  >"avx2_region_compositor.o") to the GDAL build environment.

Yes, the kakadu support would probably need to be revisited and linking to a
single file would be better (although that its changing name, see the v77, is
kind of annoying...)

Anyway since GDAL 2.0, you need to pass explicitly the Kakadu version by
defining CXXFLAGS like CXXFLAGS="-DKDU_MAJOR_VERSION=7 -DKDU_MINOR_VERSION=7"
./configure [other_options]

But Kakadu v7.7 support is in trunk only : you likely need to apply
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/31517

> I checked the fmts/o directory and copied all *.o files from kakadu into
> this directory. Then, called make again which ran without errors. When
> using python, I was able to read a jpeg200 image with gdal. However,
> this worked only with 2.0.2, using the version from github, the gdal
> module was missing from python.

Perhaps the GDAL Python bindings you use don't link to the GDAL library you
built manually ? You may have to play with LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to your
GDAL libs.