[gdal-dev] Error compiling trunk (nitf)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Jan 14 10:54:32 PST 2016

Hi all!

With today's trunk, I'm getting a compile error, during linking, with
Windows visual studio 2008:

***
Creating library gdal_i.lib and object gdal_i.exp
nitfwritejpeg_12.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void
__cdecl jpeg_vsiio_
dest_12(struct jpeg_compress_struct12 *,struct _iobuf *)"
(?jpeg_vsiio_dest_12@@YAXPAUjpeg
_compress_struct12@@PAU_iobuf@@@Z)
***

The problem line seems to be in nitfwritejpeg_12.cpp on the 4th line:
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/frmts/nitf/nitfwritejpeg_12.cpp#L4

This line seems to have been added during a change a few weeks ago with
the comment "Fix One Definition Rule violations"
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/32062/#file8

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but my builds use libjpeg-9a

Please let me know if you have any ideas, thanks,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/