[gdal-dev] gdal_translate with -projwin possible bug

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Jul 27 01:16:41 PDT 2016

Lauren O'Brien <leobrien <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I've noticed what I think may be a bug with gdal_translate, just looking
for further information before deciding whether to report it.

> In version 1.11.4 and earlier, using the -projwin tag to subset a raster
produces an output whose cell alignment and content matches the source
dataset - it just grabs any cells that intersect the box and writes them to
the output.

I am sure that there are also users who consider that it is a bug if the
output does not exactly match -projwin.

I would have a try with gdalwarp by using -te and -tap together. I believe
that you would like to see something like -tap (target aligned pixels) also
in gdal_translate.

-Jukka Rahkonen-