[gdal-dev] make install fails

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Mar 3 02:49:47 PST 2016

Le jeudi 03 mars 2016 11:31:52, Matthias Kuhn a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile and install gdal in docker (ubuntu 12.04)
> container with python3 and in a custom prefix (/home/travis/deps),
> clang-3.6 is used. configure and make run fine, however, make install
> fails:
>
> /bin/bash -pthread -shared -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
> -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro
> build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.2/extensions/osr_wrap.o -L../../.libs -L../../
> -L/usr/src/gdal-2.0.2/lib -lgdal -o
> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.2/osgeo/_osr.cpython-32mu.so
> /bin/bash: -d: invalid option
> error: command '/bin/bash' failed with exit status 1
>
> Any idea what could be the cause for this? I am grateful for any hints!

I suspect you need to have gcc installed since the Python bindings require it.
I'm surprised that you didn't run into problems with the default make target
in swig/python when compiling the bindings.
You should go to swig/python and try "make" from there.
Anyway "make install" of the Python bindings didn't honour the custom prefix in
versions before trunk, so after fixing the above, it will try to install in
/usr/local.