[gdal-dev] Hard coded Pi constants

Tanuj Kumar kmrtnjscnc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 09:55:07 PST 2016

This is with regard to the bug listed on
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6388

The fix is to remove the hard coded pi constants, but apparently, using
M_PI from math.h as it is breaks compilation on Visual Studio
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26065359/m-pi-flagged-as-undeclared-identifier
(I haven't checked it yet myself; that would need me to switch to windows,
and I'm on linux right now)

However, we could also declare #define _USE_MATH_CONSTANTS, and then use
M_PI without declaring it(And not just M_PI, all the other math constants
listed on https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4hwaceh6.aspx).

Could someone please check whether math constants work in later versions of
visual studio(Both with and without #define _USE_MATH_CONSTANTS)?

Thank you
Tanuj