[gdal-dev] make install fails

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Mar 3 10:56:59 PST 2016

Thanks Vincent,

On 03/03/2016 03:27 PM, Vincent Schut wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> I vaguely recollect running into a similar issue when I switched to
> clang from gcc. If I remember correctly, I resolved it by adding a
> "--without-libtool" to the configure options. I might be completely
> wrong (I did not take notes about this issue), but it might be worth
> trying.

Actually I failed to build with gcc either, so it must be something else.

However --without-libtool did the trick anyway. Thanks!

For the records, before trying this option, I found a workaround by
manually calling setup.py from the swig/python subdir once (see below).
Maybe this helps someone down the road.

-----------------------

make
# will fail with beforementioned error, running it a second time
# will "succeed" though, but running `make install` will fail...
cd swig/python
python3 setup.py install --prefix /home/... # Does something (tm)
make install # will succeed after manual execution of the setup.py script

Best and thanks for all the support,
Matthias

> Good luck!
> Vincent.
>

>> Thank you in advance,
>> Matthias

Matthias Kuhn
OPENGIS.ch - https://www.opengis.ch
Spatial • (Q)GIS • PostGIS • Open Source