[gdal-dev] Converting MULTILINESTRING to LINESTRING

Nelson A. de Oliveira naoliv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 19:28:07 PST 2016

Hi!

Sorry if it's not the appropriated place to ask this, but is there a
way to convert MULTILINESTRING to LINESTRING?
For example:

=====
ogr2ogr -f "SQLite" -gt 65536 -dsco SPATIALITE=YES database.sqlite shape.shp
ERROR 1: Cannot insert feature with geometry of type MULTILINESTRING
in column GEOMETRY. Type LINESTRING expected
ERROR 1: Unable to write feature 178 from layer merged.
ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer merged (use -skipfailures to skip errors)
=====

I don't want to skip the features, but convert them.

I could open the shapefile in QGIS and use "Multipart to Singleparts",
but it will be a non-automatic and non-cli step.
Is there a way to do this with ogr2ogr (or other related tool), please?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Nelson