[gdal-dev] GDAL Errors while building PostGIS extension?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Oct 27 17:43:50 PDT 2016

sablok <sablok at amazon.com> writes:

> it errors out with the following statement : Could not find GDALAllRegister,
> Could not find GDAL and in the config.log it points out the code where the
> error occured with the following statement :
>
> /root/lib/libgdal.so: undefined reference to `inflateCopy at ZLIB_1.2.0'
>
> Can anyone help me out with what is going wrong here and how can I fix this?

It seems highly likely that either

  your libz is messed up

or

  you have multiple libz versions on your system, and are using
  different ones for different things, or building with one, and running
  with another, or something like that

I would suggest figuring out how to get to only one copy of libz
existing.   I also suggest not trying to build new software on LTS
systems - but you didn't explain what you are doing in detail.