[gdal-dev] Fwd: [Projects] please create a new project flyer for your project with the new branding till FOSS4G Boston

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Aug 4 07:22:04 PDT 2017

On vendredi 4 août 2017 14:31:24 CEST Luca Delucchi wrote:
> On 28 July 2017 at 17:38, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
> > Is someone interested in creating a flyer for GDAL ? See below
>
> I worked on the flyer, but I need some more text and/or an image...
>
> You can see the draft here
>
> https://github.com/lucadelu/osgeo/blob/gdal/marketing/print/gdal_a4.svg

Thanks a lot Luca for tackling this !

A few observations/proposals:
- wondering if the subtiltle "The Geospatial Data Translation Tools" shouldn't be replaced
by the "The Geospatial Data Abstraction Library and translation tools" to get both the
menaing of the acronym and the practical uses
- perhaps replace "Welcome" by "Introduction" ?
- in this paragraph, I would remove bold characters starting with "As a library"
- I would replace "As a library, it is" by "It is writen in C++ and"
- In the raster format list, I would add OGC WCS/WMS/WMTS.. And int the vector format list
OGC WFS
- I would replace in the vector formats "ESRI Personal Geodatabase" by "ESRI
FileGeodatabase" since the latter is probably now more common than the former.
- in the language list, Ruby and VB6 should be removed (no longer supported)
- in "features", in the first bullet, I'd :
  * add after "image warping": "reprojection"
  * add after "merging": "tiling, DEM-related utilities (hillshading, slope, hypsometric
rendernig)"
- in the "Support for large files" bullet, I'd append "- with modest memory requirements"
- in "where it is used", I'd removed OpenEV since the project is kind of dead now. In the "also
utilized by" list, perhaps add gvSIG (to have at least one non C++ application)
- I don't know if the white backgound of the GDAL logo is intentional. If not, you could start
from the original SVG drawing that has not this background :
https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/data/GDALLogoColor.svg

Even