[gdal-dev] ERROR 6: No translation for Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere to PROJ.4 format is known

vinothrajendran4 vinothrajendranbk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 03:09:19 PST 2017

Hi community,
           I have downloaded shapefile(buildings) from QGIS. I am using
virtual planet builder tool to integrate this shapefile  to my terrain
database. The following error occurs,
  *ERROR 6: No translation for Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere to PROJ.4 format is
known*

I would like to know if there is any method to convert my shapefile
projection to any known supported PROJ.4 format..

Any help is appreciated...

Regards,
Vinoth R