[gdal-dev] Adding "Constant width" to LWPOLYLINE objects for DXF driver

Nikolai Bezdna mofoyoda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 00:01:11 PDT 2017

Hello,

I’d like to add a parser for Constant width property to LWPOLYLINE objects for DXF driver.
The property has no.43 according to the autodesk DXF format specification:
https://www.autodesk.com/techpubs/autocad/acad2000/dxf/lwpolyline_dxf_06.htm <https://www.autodesk.com/techpubs/autocad/acad2000/dxf/lwpolyline_dxf_06.htm>

My initial idea was to add it as a pen width (“w”) to an OGR style string, but that property is already taken by LineWeight DXF property.
I’m ok with putting Constant width to the style string when LineWeight = 0 (since my data contains either Lineweight or Constant width) but that’s not a generic solution.
So what is the suitable place to put this property to?

Cheers,
Nick