[gdal-dev] Linking against gdal201.dll with different MSVC versions

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Mar 2 02:30:23 PST 2017

On jeudi 2 mars 2017 11:14:07 CET Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Even,
>
> On Thu, 02. Mar 2017 at 10:43:16 +0100, Even Rouault wrote:
> > Probably because the last GDAL built in OSGeo4W was done with MSVC2010,
> > before the recent upgrade to MSVC2015 for QGIS master. I guess the next
> > GDAL builds will be done with MSVC2015 too.
>
> Well, if the third party dependencies (like filegdb - which I happend to
> start and stop checking) were available that would already be in place.
>
> Maybe I should just drop it in favor of openfilegdb - that's going to happen
> if it's still not available when gdal switches to C++11.

Ah those proprietary SDKs...  I see FileGDB SDK 1.4 is available for VS2013. So perhaps an
intermediate solution would be to build GDAL with VS2013 when we require C++11
I hope we'll stick with not so advanced C++11 features that will be OK with VS2013:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh567368.aspx