[gdal-dev] WCS 1.1 in GDAL

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 02:04:14 PDT 2017

It seems to me that WCS 1.1 has been dormant and perhaps nobody has
really used it ever(?).

I just found the gdalgmlcoverage.cpp file in gcore, which is only used
by the WCS driver and only in its 1.1 part and it hasn't really been
changed since Frank wrote it ten years ago. I basically rewrote the same
thing since WCS 2.0 uses GML coverages too.

There are some things in the code that make it look such that it's just
been there. Also the things I encountered when trying the 1.1.

Interesting.

Ari