[gdal-dev] illegal axis orientation combination when re-projecting

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Sep 13 02:21:43 PDT 2017

On mardi 12 septembre 2017 23:47:09 CEST Nick Cummins wrote:
> I am using Arch Linux (continuous/rolling distro), using gdal from the
> official repositories.
>
> Using proj. 4.9.3-1 from official repos.
> As mentioned, previously (within the past month) the first re-projection
> example was working fine. Suddenly today I was analyzing a different tile
> and ran into the error, and I have not made any changes to my setup that I
> am aware of that would change behavior.
>
> Output of running ogr2ogr with valgrind in attached file.

It crashes in proj.4. But the lines mentionned are weird : pj_free (pj_init.c:496). At line 496 of
pj_init.c, this is not the pj_free() function. Perhaps due to optimizations that mess up line
reporting. I tried with proj 4.9.3 and it works fine for me.

I see from
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/gdal
that archlinux doesn't build with GDAL with --with-static-proj4, so I'm wondering if there isn't
a mix of proj.4 versions. Isn't there a chance that one of the dependencies of GDAL links
against a libproj.so.X (spatialite could be a good candidate) and that GDAL then loads a
libproj.so that is a symlink to libproj.so.Y
Can you check your /usr/lib/libproj.so* files ?

Even