[gdal-dev] Trac to GitHub

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Mar 19 10:14:32 PDT 2018

Mateuze,

Answering several of your points of your last emails;

>> 3) Close all Trac tickets with assignment to a "closed-before-github-
>> migration" milestone, and a message "Issue reporting has now been migrated >to
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues..."
>
>I guess, you mean manual action

Manual action, but lukily to be done just once for all tickets (batch action)

Basically open
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&max=1000

and if you have the sufficient rights, click on the top-left checkbox to select all the tickets,
go to the bottom to the "Batch modify" tab, and define a milestone, add a comment and click on "Change tickets"
So a 1-minute action.

> > git filter-branch -f --msg-filter 'python /home/even/rewrite.py'  -- trunk
> > [...]
>
> You lost me shortly after the while True, I suck at advanced git terribly :)

Huh that's just my-not-so-idiomatic Python hacking to parse the old commit message and change it ;-)

> > I'v uploaded the log of the changes (the content of /tmp/log.txt) in
> > http://even.rouault.free.fr/log.txt It shows the original and modified
> > commit messages (just for commits for which a modification was done) In
> > case you have the motivation to actually review it, let me know if you
> > see some weird things in it...
> Slight chance, I suspect, there are numbers that denote reference to
> ticket in the old GDAL Bugzilla,
> but this shold not be an issue if it gets replaced with the Trac URL.

I did try to avoid rewriting those commit messages that refered to the old (and now disappeared) bugzilla

> The main goal is to apply semantic to the raw numbers, even fi the URL
> gets broken
> in future (eg. read-only GDAL Trac moves to some archives server).

Yes the point is to make it obvious that those are references to Trac and not github issues.

I'm preparing a RFC to summarize various aspects and have some official plan that can be discussed.