[gdal-dev] connect mssql from linux

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun May 6 03:53:53 PDT 2018

Hi,

I have problem connecting SQL Server from my Linux machine. Command

$ ogrinfo "MSSQL:database=kn;server=host\kartografiesql;uid=landa;pwd=xxx;driver=ODBC
Driver 11 for SQL Server" --config CPL_DEBUG ON

fails with

ODBC: SQLDriverConnect(database=kn;server=host\kartografiesql;uid=landa;pwd=xxx;driver=ODBC
Driver 11 for SQL Server)
ODBC: ... failed: [unixODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL
Server]Login timeout expired
ODBC: SQLDisconnect()

But same command in Windows VM works

ODBC: SQLDriverConnect(DRIVER={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};database=kn;server
=host\kartografiesql;uid=landa;pwd=xxx)

Note that I had to install on Windows machine SQL Server Native Client
11.0, otherwise connection failed. I tried to install such driver on
my Debian machine [1], but with no success.

Thanks for any pointers in advance! Martin

[1] https://emacstragic.net/2017/11/06/mssql-odbc-client-on-debian-9-stretch/

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa