[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr project/transform CRS in the same database table

Hector muro muro.hector at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 09:15:32 PST 2020

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone knew if it's possible to project or transform
within the same table in a database, using ogr2ogr.

What I mean is, I have a table with fields: id, id2, geom_wkt_27700 and I
would like, using a single command to create an extra column
"geom_wkt_4326" for instance. It does not have to be of type geometry, but
could be text for instance.

I guess the other plausible solution would be to create a temporary table
with that transformation on it and reference it to the first one by id for
instance.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Hector