[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr project/transform CRS in the same database table

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Dec 1 12:13:43 PST 2020

Hi,

No, unfortunately it is not possible with one ogr2ogr command.

You need two commands and you must use ogrinfo. Here an example about adding
another geometry column and populating it with EPSG:3857 version of original
EPSG:4326 geometries.

ogrinfo PG:"host=localhost port=5432 dbname=test user=user
password=password" -sql "alter table states add column geom2 geometry"

ogrinfo PG:"host=localhost port=5432 dbname=test user=user
password=password" -sql "update states set
geom2=ST_Transform(wkb_geometry,3857)"

You can do all that is possible with SQL also with ogrinfo.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

hectormauer wrote