[gdal-dev] Help with CPL_DEBUG

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís jluis at ualg.pt
Mon Feb 17 09:05:37 PST 2020

Hi Even,

We are having a strange failure in one CI test of GMT that calls GDAL. The thing happens at this line

https://github.com/GenericMappingTools/gmt/blob/master/src/gmt_gdal_librarified.c#L355
and since bUsageError comes != 0 the error message at
https://github.com/GenericMappingTools/gmt/blob/master/src/gmt_gdal_librarified.c#L268
is triggered.

Now the strange part. The code works well when run locally in either Windows, WSL and Mac but fail the CI test in Linux and Mac (and works on Windows).
I have no idea why that might happen and tried to run it with CPL_DEBUG as in

gmt grdgdal lixo.csv -R0/10/0/10 -Gjunk.nc -I0.05 -F"-a nearest -co CPL_DEBUG=ON"

(this is a mixed GMT and GDAL syntax (the part under double quotes), never mind. It just works locally)

But got no debug printouts from the CI test. Am I wrongly using the CPL_DEBUG? All GDAL versions in CI are above 2.1

Thanks

Joaquim