[gdal-dev] determine default SQL dialect

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Aug 2 09:25:22 PDT 2022

Le 02/08/2022 à 09:42, Michael Sumner a écrit :
> Is it possible to determine the default SQL dialect  that will be used
> in the C++ API?

Short answer: no

Long answer: for a driver that is backed by a SQL engine (SQLite, GPKG,
PG, MySQL, OCI, etc.), it will default to the RDBMS SQL engine,
otherwise to OGR SQL.

> It seems like the logic to pivot on dialect choice is only available
> to drivers internally (they know if they have one), so a map of
> formats is enough - but I wonder if I'm missing an API hook.
>
> Also, there appears to be dialect values DEBUG, INDIRECT_SQLITE,
> MONGO_DB, and ES in use but I gather they are for internal use (and so
> properly don't appear in the documentation).

DEBUG is clearly for internal use (autotest). INDIRECT_SQLITE is
documented at
https://gdal.org/user/sql_sqlite_dialect.html?highlight=indirect_sqlite.
The others are documented in the respective documentation driver pages

Even