[gdal-dev] Snowflake Vector Driver

Zachary Déziel zachary at anagraph.io
Tue Aug 30 12:38:22 PDT 2022

Hi all,

I've been working with a couple of clients who store their data on
Snowflake. Snowflake is building up its geo-capabilities, but it is not
super mature yet. I love the OGR tools to the point that it is painful to
use anything else...

I have been searching for information regarding if anyone has worked on
integrating a custom vector driver for Snowflake, but I could not find any
info on it. Importing and exporting data to and from Snowflake is rather
painful right now. It either requires using some closed solutions (Carto,
Unfolded, maybe ESRI) or writing your custom scripts that connect to
Snowflake.

So, do you know about any efforts to create a Snowflake Vector driver? What
would it take for this to happen?

If you would be interested in such a driver, feel free to reach out to me!

Cheers,

*Zachary Déziel*
Product Manager
Anagraph.io