[gdal-dev] Good morning all and question: Good Python GDAL beginner tutorial?

Stefan Gofferje lists at home.gofferje.net
Mon Feb 21 01:21:10 PST 2022

Good morning all!

New member here, Stefan, 51, German in Finland. I'm somewhat of a map
addict - have been interested in this topic since my teenage years,
although I don't have any GIS or related background. I have been using
GDAL indirectly through QGIS and directly through scripts for a bunch of
years now but mostly in form of the command line tools. When I started
renovating my weather website, I had my first ideas of moving to GDAL
(from GrADS) but I very quickly ran into the limits of using command
line tools. Now I have another personal project involving Sentinel
satellite data and I ran into the same issues, so I guess it's time for
me to have a look at Python...

Could anybody point me to a good, hands-on Python-GDAL beginner
tutorial. Something where I can learn Python and Python-GDAL at the same
time, maybe?

Have a great week!
-Stefan

--
  (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
  //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263