[gdal-dev] Linux - bash script - Sentinel 1 processing - dark images

Stefan Gofferje lists at home.gofferje.net
Tue May 10 23:47:22 PDT 2022

Hi Markus,

On 5/10/22 11:55, Markus Neteler wrote:

> You may take a look at the GRASS GIS Python script:
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass-stable/manuals/i.colors.enhance.html
> - https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/releasebranch_8_2/scripts/i.colors.enhance/i.colors.enhance.py
>
> (... and replicate that in GDAL if needed).

I'll check if I understand it, thanks :D. I just recently started to be
interested in Python (mainly because of GDAL) but I haven't gotten very
far with learning it yet. That's why I'm still scripting mainly in bash.

> BTW, we also have published some Sentinel-1 processing addons:
>
> i.sentinel_1 is a GRASS GIS addon toolset that searches, downloads,
> imports and preprocesses SAR data from the Alaska Satellite Facility
> using ESA's SNAP software
> https://github.com/mundialis/i.sentinel_1

Cool! I got the download, mosaic-ing and such figured out pretty good
with the sentinelsat script
(https://github.com/sentinelsat/sentinelsat). But I'll definitely have a
look once I get far enough in Python to migrate my bash script. As for
SNAP, It's a nice tool once you figured it out but it's pretty huge to
be used just as a library to be called from something else. It's also a
little picky about the JVM. I also find GDAL to be more performant - on
my machines, at least.

-Stefan

--
  (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
  //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263