[gdal-dev] Save min/max values in TIFF

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Fri Nov 11 10:12:19 PST 2022

Hi

I am creating a GeoTIFF file with C++. It is a large DSM (one band of
Float32). Because I am generating it, I already know the min and max values.
I would like to store the min and max values directly in the TIFF, not in a
sidecar file. Is there any gdal metadata (stored in the TIFF) that can be
used? That way, when I open it in QGIS, the range of the band will be
accurate.

Thanks.
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.