[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 87: Signed int8 data type for raster

Hermann Rodrigues hermann.rodrigues at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:08:46 PST 2022

Hi,

So based on that RFC it is a breaking change when reading signed images. I
confess that this type of silent behavor change scares me.

Why dont make this an opt-in behavior instead of just breaking application
code silently? Otherwise, I would rather have GDT_Byte removed so that
application code would not compile against new versions of GDAL. At least
that makes migration to new versions less risky.

Best,

hermann

Hermann Rodrigues
hermann.rodrigues at gmail.com