[gdal-dev] convert NETCDF to Geotiff upside down

Dori izzybitsie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 13:29:52 PDT 2023

Hi,
I tried to convert the NETCDF stored in
https://noaa-gmgsi-pds.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html#GMGSI_LW/202308/08/19/GLOBCOMPLIR_nc.2023080819
 to Geotiff format using following command:

gdal_translate 0ol GTiff -a_srs EPSG:4326 -aullr -180 -72.7 179.9 -72.7 -co
“COMPRESS=LZW” NETCDF:GLOBCOMPLIR_nc.2023080819:data ofn.tif

ofn.tif is upside down.  North latitude points are in South and viceversa.

How can I solve this upside down output?
What causes this?

I did notice that the points in the NETCDF file are not equidistant  what
could be my issue.

Thank you for any hint on how to go about getting the correct Geotiff output