[gdal-dev] tps - gdalwarp vs ogr2ogr

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Aug 16 01:22:30 PDT 2023

Hi,

Without test data it is very hard to say much. I believe that the promise of tps is that the ground control points stay where they are set. The intermediate points follow the least tension surfaces and I do not know how exactly those spline algorithms are defined. Raster data is full of points to warp but probably in the vector data the transformation is done vertex by vertex. I would first check if the GCPs are in the same place in both outputs. Then I would make a test by densifying the vector data before georeferencing to have much more vertices and see if it has any effect on the result.

-Jukka Rahkonen-