[gdal-dev] Inconsistencies in WKT CRS representations

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Wed Aug 16 09:08:19 PDT 2023

> On Aug 16, 2023, at 10:59 AM, Small, Jennifer L. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] via gdal-dev <gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>
> Is it best to represent the CRS with WKT rather than importing using SetFromUserInput with EPSG:code or ESRI:code? If so, what source has the definitive WKT, spatialreference.org or epsg.io?

IMO, the definitive definition is 'projinfo'

> projinfo ESRI:102022

spatialreference.org has not been updated in many years and should be considered out of date. I don't know what version of PROJ epsg.io is running. https://epsg.org/ runs GDAL/PROJ too, but I don't know which version, and of course that isn't going to respond to ESRI codes.

Hope this helps,

Howard