[gdal-dev] Setting TIFFTAG_* in COG

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Mon Dec 4 07:14:40 PST 2023

Hi

I am trying to convert a "normal" tiff file into a COG. For that I am using
an intermediate vrt file to add the geolocation parameters, and finally
copy the vrt into a COG.
I am doing it in C++, but it should be similar doing it on the command line
I hope. (In some cases I am using also other parameters of the
gdalbuildvrt).

My problem is how are the "magic words" to set the TIFFTAG_* (like
TIFFTAG_DATETIME) in the final COG. I guess I could use the option "-oo"
for the options in GDALBuildVRT, or in the options of the method
"CreateCopy" for COG driver.
Is that doable that way? Should I prefix "TIFFTAG_..." with something like
"GDALMETADATA:"? (I tried, unsuccessfully)
Is that the same for AREA_OR_POINT?

Thanks.